It is incredibly important for you to attend as many of these education public forums as possible and voice your opinion on these important issues. We have provided some talking points for you to look over before heading to these public forums. These can help conversations stay informed and on topic. You can download the talking points here.
WVEA Education Stakeholders Forums
The WVEA will also be holding a series of public forums across the state before the beginning of the special session. The purpose of these forums is to hear from education employees, parents, students and concerned citizens about what would truly make our schools better. We want to know what would best improve student achievement, what would help educators most in their classrooms and more.
We want as many legislators to be present at these forums as possible so they can hear directly from you. For that reason, these forums will be scheduled by senatorial district. Below is a list of forums scheduled so far. This list will be updated as more forums are scheduled.
- District 1: April 9th Wheeling Park High School
- District 2: April 4th Doddridge County High School
- April 11th 6:00-8:00 PM Mollohan Center
- District 4: April 9th 6:30-8:00 PM Ripley High School
- District 5: April 8th 6:00- 8:00 PM Cabell County Public Library
- District 6: April 29th 5:00-7:30 PM Princeton Senior High School
- District 7: April 9th 6:00-8:00 PM Southern WV Community and Technical College
- District 8: April 15th 6:30-8:00 PM Poca Middle School
- District 9: April 9th 6:00-8:00 PM Woodrow Wilson High School
- District 10: May 1st 5:30- 7:30 PM New River Elementary School
- District 11: March 29th 6:00-8:00 PM Webster County High School
- District 12: April 9th 6:00-8:00 PM Lewis County High School
- April 11th 6:00-8:00 PM Robert C. Byrd High School
- District 13: March 21st 6:00-8:00 PM South Middle School
- District 16: April 10th 6:00-8:00 PM Martinsburg High School Auditorium
- District 17: April 11th 6:30-8:00 PM South Charleston Middle School Cafeteria
WV Department of Education Public Forums
The WVDE will be holding a series of of public forums across the state to discuss public education and how to make it better. These forums will be held over the next month so that the results can be reported back to the Legislature before the special session begins. All of the forums will be from 6-8 PM and you can find the dates and locations below. You must pre-register for these events and can do so here: https://wvde.us/education-public-forum/
- March 18, Cabell Midland High School
- March 19, Mount View High School
- March 20, Capital High School
- March 21, Woodrow Wilson High School
- March 25, Blennerhasset Middle School
- April 1, Robert C. Byrd High School
- April 2, Wheeling Park High School
- April 3, Berkeley Spring High School
The WVEA will also be holding a series of public forums across the state where we hope to get as many legislators involved as possible. We are working to set those up now and will keep you updated on when and where they will be held. It is important that we have as many people as possible show up to as many of these public events as we can. We want the Legislature hearing from educators and public school students who will be the most impacted by this special session.
WVEA Statement on Special Session