Information on PEIA's Wellness Programs
PEIA terminated its contract with Humana Go365 effective April 30, 2018. According to the PEIA website, the reasons for the termination were:
1. The IRS has issued guidance that makes the incentives offered under the Go365 program (gift cards, fitness equipment, etc.) taxable income. This creates a whole host of reporting issues for the plan that we have not been able to overcome.
2. We contemplated removing the financial incentives from the program and letting it continue, but we reached the conclusion that the program would not be worth the investment as a voluntary benefit with no incentives for participation.
For these reasons, PEIA has chosen to cancel its contract with Go365. PEIA still has a legal requirement to provide a wellness program. The current wellness programs available under PEIA include:
- Face-to-Face Diabetes Management Program
- Weight Management Program
- Sleep Management Services
- Hemophilia Program
For more information on these programs and others offered by PEIA, click here.