The "I Belong" Drawing (#Ibelong)
We admit it -- we couldn't compete with Governor Justice’s “Babydog” vaccination sweepstakes. But WVEA members are outstanding professionals and deserve a thank you. This was our way of thanking WVEA members for updating their membership and converting their dues payment method prior to August 5. The earlier members updated their information, the more chances they had to win.
Congratulations to our August 5 winners!
- Graduate courses (up to 9 credits) - Robin Brown, Wood County, Edison Middle School
- $100 in school supplies - Stacie Friddle, Randolph County, Third Ward Elkins Elementary
- $100 in school supplies - Diana Lilly, Raleigh County, Mabscott Elementary
- $200 gift card to any of the West Virginia State parks - Patricia Nicholas, Braxton County, Frametown Elementary
- $200 gift certificate to any Marriott in West Virginia - Philip Hulsey, Wetzel County, Short Line School
- Park passes to Disney World and other theme parks - Tiffany Whitt, Mingo County, Mingo County Schools
Congratulations to our July 22 winners!
- Graduate courses (up to 9 credits) - Roni Kurnavi, Logan County, Omar Elementary/Junior High
- $100 in school supplies - Ronald Smith, Putnam County, Poca Middle School
- $100 in school supplies - Tanya Cooper, Nicholas County, Nicholas County High School
- $150 gift certificate to Oglebay Resort - Ronda Hayes, Berkeley County, Musselman Middle School
- $200 gift card to any of the West Virginia State parks Angela Halstead, Boone County, Maddison Middle School
- $200 gift certificate to any Marriott in West Virginia - Jean Davis, Mercer County, Pikeview Middle School
Congratulations to our July 1 winners!
- Graduate courses (up to 9 credits) - Philip Rupe, Raleigh County, (who gifted the courses to his colleague Mari Yost)
- $100 gas card for family vacations - Deborah Spina, Webster County, Glade Elementary School
- $100 in lottery tickets - Tanya Ball, Jackson County, Ripley High School
- $150 gift certificate to ACE Adventure Resort - Shannon Conley, Ohio County, Wheeling Park High School
- $200 gift card to any of the West Virginia State parks - Charlotte Davis, Jefferson County, Page Jackson School
Haven’t updated your dues payment method yet?
Updating membership now rather than during the rush of the start of the school year just makes sense. Besides, the earlier you renew your membership and more chances you have to win. So, update your membership today on WVEA’s secure Easy Pay portal. Find out why it's important to our students, our profession and for West Virginia public schools to update membership information now at wvea.org/EasyPay.
If you have questions or need help, call the Help Center at 866.568.WVEA (9832) or email EasyPay@wvea.org – just make sure you include your name and the name of your county.
Why I belong....
I have a voice...
Without WVEA I couldn't do this job... WVEA fights for me!
We will never apologize for being outspoken for our students and educators...
I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for WVEA...they're special.
It's about camaraderie... and members set the course for leaders to follow
A Voice At The Table
There’s power in numbers. Joining the association gives you greater influence over the decisions that affect your classroom and career. Whether you advocate for changes in your school, speak at school board meetings, advocate for increased school funding at the state and local level, or lobby your state legislators and county board members, your local will support you.
Increased Pay And Benefits
As a part of the WVEA you can assist in the fight for professional pay, affordable health care and retirement security so a career in education is a viable profession. WVEA’s competitive pay campaign strives to make salaries and benefits competitive with our surrounding states.
Improved Professional Practice
The WVEA and your local association help you advocate for access to high-quality professional development and increased collaboration time so you can improve your practice.
Nationwide Community Of Educators
When you are a member of your local association, you are also a member of your state affiliate and the national NEA. The association is your way to connect with likeminded colleagues across the county, state and nation who are working to better students’ lives. Check out WVEA/NEA edCommunities at www.mynea360.com
Improved Working And Student Learning Conditions At Your Worksite
Local associations empower educators to advocate for smaller class size, sound education policies, input into curriculum, and safe buildings, just to name a few. These working conditions mean a better learning environment for your students.
WVEA Help Center To Assist Our Members
WVEA provides a Help Center with member advocacy specialists standing by to answer your questions from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each school day. Questions can be submitted by phone or e-mail. The WVEA Help Center is your first point of contact for any employment-related questions.
Publishing Information And Up-To-Date Materials
No other organization gets the word out more quickly, more accurately and more often than the WVEA and your local association. The WVEA Today and NEA Today, plus a host of web resources, e-newsletters and social media (@IamWVEA) keeps you informed.
Assisting Our Members
With our Organizational Development Specialists (ODS) deployed around the state, members can rely on WVEA to be there when a member needs assistance. Whether it is discussing an issue, sitting in on a meeting or meeting with school staff to solve a problem, our ODS are there to support our members. Your professional rights are vigorously defended through a legal defense system that utilizes WVEA staff and attorney services.
Because the liability potential can be so serious for individuals employed by schools and other educational units WVEA/NEA provides all eligible association members with professional liability insurance through NEA Educators Employment Liability (EEL) Program.
NEA Member Benefits & Access Savings
Improve your buying power and save money with NEA’s Member Benefits and our Access Savings program’s benefits and discounts. Those benefits now include assistance with student loan debt.