Organizational Development Specialist - Western Region
WVEA is accepting applications from interested individuals for the position of Organizational Development Specialist (ODS) in the Western Region. The region includes the counties of Cabell, Jackson, Lincoln,Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wayne and Wood.
Please send your letter of interest along with a resume to :
WVEA Executive Director David A. Haney
1558 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25311-2497
Application Deadline is January 23, 2018.
General Assignments and Relationship
The organizer will perform a wide variety of membership recruitment and organizing services for the WVEA and local affiliates, as well as assisting local leaders in building local capacity. The organizer shall work under the direct supervision of the WVEA Executive Director or WVEA Assistant Executive Director.
Identify, recruit and retain members and leaders in the local and state organizations.
- Provide organizing assistance to build local Association’s capacity.
- Maintain liaison between the membership and leadership at the local and state levels.
- Serve as consultant to the officers of local Associations in their effort to strengthen program, organizational structure and procedure.
- Motivate and maintain membership and achieve organizational goals.
- Take an active role in organizational development to create strong locals.
- Spend the majority of your time in school buildings working with and recruiting members.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director or Assistant Executive Director.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Prior organizing experience or Association elected leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with membership recruitment, organizing and organizational development preferred.
- Ability to perform duties listed above.
- Willingness to travel extensively and relocate when necessary. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to comply with and implement directives.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer organizational goals and objectives into programs.
- Experience in developing strong locals preferred.
- Demonstrated ability as an advocate.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present proposals to boards of education with supportive back-up data.
- Experience in newsletter production is preferred.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle personal stress and confrontation.
- Ability to devote long hours to the position. Hours may include evening and some weekend work.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement alternative (organizing) solutions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and other computer applications preferred.
Salary and benefits package (health, life, dental insurance, 401k etc.) in accordance with negotiated staff contract.
WVEA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER